By playing on NewSpawn, using our Discord, our Wiki or our Subreddit, you choose to abide by the following sets of rules:
- The Reddiquette (on Reddit, and in-game/Discord where applicable)
- The NewSpawn Rules
- Specific rules of websites and platforms (e.g. Wikia, Discord, Minecraft: Java Edition)
- You may not, under any circumstance, attempt to have a negative impact over the experience of any other user of NewSpawn. Specifically, acts that are not allowed on NewSpawn as per Rule 1 include:
- Verbally harassing or insulting players, no exceptions will be considered valid.
- Disrupting gameplay experience by intentionally destroying or damaging structures built or resources acquired by other users, such as houses and items.
- Stealing or otherwise taking possession of land and/or items located on grounds distinctly marked by other players (e.g. instance buildings, sealed chests or chests with signs, inhabited caves etc.).
- Damaging and/or killing players, directly or not (e.g. using lava). Traps on your own property are exempted, providing they follow the criteria below.
- Building traps on public ground that can lead to damage to the natural world, loss of items and/or time, death or damage to players. You may never build traps within territories owned by other players (i.e. distinctly marked as claimed by building structures on them) unless you've been given permission by all of the owners and the criteria above are met. Your traps should never trigger TNT explosions, regardless of location.
- Doxxing players by revealing personal information they didn't explicitly give you permission to share (should authorization be unverifiable reliably, we'll always act in favor of the victim).
- Building "lag machines", structures with the intent of impacting server performance, or any of the following types of structures regardless of the intent:
- "Fish farms" based on noteblocks
- Explosive material sites of large proportions (no more than 15 blocks of TNT per site)
- Unattended fully-automated farms without a working on/off switch
- TNT left placed unattended (you must always remove TNT blocks that you are not going to use at the moment)
- Permanent redstone loops
- Using any kind of modified or custom client that can give you potential unfair advantage over other players. This includes "hacks" and "cheats" such as Wurst. The following modifications of the official client that can be downloaded from minecraft.net or sets of alternative software are the only allowed:
- It is severely forbidden to sell (or buy) any kind of in-game item or favor in exchange for real-world currency, real-world items or any cryptocurrency, regardless of it carrying it any monetary value or not. You may not use any of the chat channels to negotiate sales or exchanges of real-world items, currency or cryptocurrency.
- You may never attempt to damage or compromise the integrity, security or functionality of the server and its related services
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.